COVID-19 Critical PPE Manufacturing Initiative
In light of the impact of the Coronavirus throughout the United States and the rest of the world, our organization is doing all we can to ensure businesses are prepared. We recognize this pandemic has impacted our daily lives, as well as manufacturing companies and their respective supply chains.
With Indiana being a national leader in manufacturing, we are in a position to help address these shortages. As such, Purdue MEP is creating a database for companies with capabilities to fill the market needs.
The primary opportunities to serve in this initiative are:
- Currently approved Indiana medical device manufacturers seeking technical assistance to increase output or capacity for their existing PPE products.
- Currently approved Indiana medical device manufacturers seeking help finding suppliers to increase output or capacity for their existing PPE products.
- Currently approved Indiana medical device manufacturers seeking assistance to produce new types of PPE.
- Other Indiana manufacturers offering their capabilities or capacity to begin making PPE components or products.
If your company fits into one of the categories above, please submit your company’s information on the form below, and one of our industry experts will be in touch to assist your company.
In these unprecedented times, our Center remains dedicated to serving Indiana manufacturers. While we have suspended face to face interactions for the next few weeks, our staff is available to assist your company. As such, our subject matter experts are available to your company for consultation to help address manufacturing challenges.
MEP assistance may include some of the following (dependent upon your company's current production status):
- Review, assessment, and recommendations for current production processes and quality systems
- Potential matching with suppliers who can help increase productivity and remove bottlenecks
- An assessment of readiness to supply into the medical PPE supply chain
Additional Manufacturing Resources
We have compiled list of available manufacturing information for Critically Needed Medical PPE. The information is provided as a reference, and individual companies should conduct their own independent vetting process before deciding to use this information.
Sample List of Items Needed
Gowns, Disposable, All Sizes -ISO rated
Surgical Procedure Masks w/Shield Attached
Gloves, Exam, All Sizes - long cuff 11-12", nitrile
PAPR Hoods, All Sizes - 3M or alternative brands
Comfort Strips (Max Ari 2000-201)
Li-Ion Batteries, Small (Max Ari 200-36T)
Hand Sanitizer Refills - 1200 ml or 2000 ml
Cleaning Solution Spray - Vionex, Cavicide or similar
Biohazard Waste Bags - red, 10 gal, 24" or similar in size
Digital thermometers (forehead)
Disposable Probe Covers for Oral Thermometers